BCC-Approved Coach Certification!
This course results in a certification as a Life Map Coach.
Self-Paced, Hybrid and Onsite
This 30-hour program is approved to be delivered virtually as self-paced programs as well as to be delivered live, onsite or as a hybrid of virtual and in-person. At this time (June 2022) only a virtual, on-demand program is available. Please contact us if you would like this delivered in-person or as a hybrid for your organization.
Currently Open-enrollment for 100% online, self-paced
Learn the foundation of professional life coaching – also called Life Map coaching and develop a deep sense of understanding about yourself as well as others in terms of designing purposeful blueprints for living in a way that aligns with skills, strengths, values, visions, and missions.
BlueRio’s IA Coaching Model™ utilizes theories and practical applications stemming from strength-based development, positive psychology, Interpersonal neurobiology as well as branding to assist support professionals and coaches in uncovering a client’s best possible self. It also sheds light on strategies and tools to help clients map out their lives with purpose, authenticity, and accountability.
Life Map Coaching lays a foundation for clients to design sustainable lives, based on identifying purpose and having an alignment with values and skills. It is also about deepening their ability to manage life’s ebbs and flows with assertiveness and confidence. This training has been developed to meet all core competencies that the Center for Credentialing and Education requires for those who wish to earn an ADDITIONAL designation as a Board Certified Coach. This is NOT a mandatory path, however, many choose to pursue it.
A recent graduate reflects:
“”I’ve participated in coaching programs facilitated through large national organizations, and while they are useful for base-level theory explanation, I left them feeling like I spent a lot of money on experiences that didn’t quite teach “how to” coach effectively. I enrolled in one of Jessi’s coaching certification programs – and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for! A complementary blend of coaching theory with a heavy emphasis on practical coaching skills. The curriculum was full of coaching exercises (recorded coaching sessions with feedback, scripting sessions, walking through examples, and reflecting on coaching processes). Jessi’s program was by far one of the best professional development investments I have made, and I am a much better, more confident coach because I participated in the Blue Rio Institute certification program. I’ve never met another facilitator more invested in their students’ success and development. She is responsive, thorough, supportive, and inquisitive – all things one would love to have in a coach supervisor.
Sandra Buatti-Ramos, MA, ACRW, CLMC, Associate Director, Career Advancement Center, Columbia University (BlueRio Life Map Foundation Graduate – 2021)
OUR NEW PLATFORM allows you to access your course from practically anywhere on almost any technology as long as you have a internet connection.
General Course Objectives & Outcomes
Understand the foundations for professional coaching
Explore Core Competencies
Various underpinnings of human behavior
- Strengths & Motivation
More on Coaching
- Ability to develop coaching plans
- Craft coaching contracts
- Test and refine personal style of coaching
- Explore various models of coaching
- Train and become certified as a BlueRio Life Map Coach [CLMC]
Emotional Regulation and Human Behavior
- Knowledge of calming tools, techniques
- Understand personal conflict modes and how to address conflict in other
About the actual program:
30-hour foundation: Mastering the Core. Curriculum designed by the founder, Jessi LaCosta, BCC. Prices and information below refer to the 100% virtual. Contact us for information on availability of other delivery options.
Lessons Overview: (This is NOT an exhaustive list and does not substitute for the full syllabus.)
- Coaching History & Definition of Coaching
- BlueRio’s IA™ Model INQUIRY – TO – ACCOUNTABILITY
- Process of Screening and Orientation: client motivation level, informed consent, coach and client roles, etc.
- Ethical and Professional Practice in Coaching
Codes of ethics, advocacy, understanding professional practice of coaching
- Fundamental Coaching Skills: Building a basic coaching alliance, creating coaching plans, facilitating client development of decision-making skills, etc.
- Assessments – Using formal and informal tools and inventories to examine clients’ strengths, values, Assist the client in identifying issues that may influence the client’s goals (intro to neuroscience)
- Coaching roles in the context of organizational work
The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as a vehicle to assist others.
- Intro to Coaching
- Coaching history
- BlueRio’s IA© Coaching Module – Foundation for professional coaching
- Basic Components of Coaching Engagements
- Screening/Orientation (intakes/agreements)
- Roles of Client and Coach – Group/Virtual etc
- Coaching Alliance
- Introduction to Coaching Plans
- Ethics – Basic Foundation -as well as required by BCC
- BCC Core Competencies (optional for BCCs)
- Terminating Coaching
- Coaching Vs. Counseling
Access to the Internet
Course may be delivered as a 100% Virtual option, on-site, as a hybrid of online and on-site, and also as an Independent Study. The course will run approximately 6 – 8 months if online or delivered as an Independent Study.
When delivered live, on-site, or as a hybrid of the virtual and onsite program can be completed in as little as 4 weeks. Students potentially could complete this course in as little as two months (approx 2 -3 hours per week) or take as long as 6 months to graduate.
All graduates will have an option for a free listing in a Future Coach Directory
- Graduates of the 30-hour program will have one private, virtual, 90-minute coaching session (or two 45-minute) after graduation with an instructor or a Teacher’s Assistant.
- Many templates and tools to use with clients
- No recertification fees
- Experience and train to use the Style Matters Communication and Conflict Inventory
- Digital Certificate (paper upon request)
- Digital Badge
- Listing in future coach directory
- Enrolling in the 30-hour course counts as Approved Training Hours to sit for the Center for Credentialing and Education’s Board Certified Coach Exam. **Please consult their site and/or our page to learn more about this ADDITIONAL (but not required) credential.
Requirements for 30-Hour Track
Requirements to Earn Certification – Self-Paced (Will be modified for hybrid or 100% on-site)
You will be allowed to have access to the portal for lessons, assignments, and exams for nine months. Ideally, as a 30-hour student, you will complete your studies within three – four months.
Requirements below are an example of the 100% online – Independent Study delivery.
Tuition is $1200 – (14-day trial!)
You may pay in full or 50% now – 50% within 60 days of starting your course (or before graduation.)
1. Either One-one-One role-play with the Teacher’s Assistant: Two, 45-minute virtual sessions or send in 1 recorded call with client or peer – minimum 20 minutes and maximum 60 minutes – you as a coach and someone as a client
2. Exams: You must pass three exams (coaching, communication and conflict, final)
3. Client Coaching: You are required to demonstrate proof of 6 hours of client coaching
- Discussion Posts –found throughout the course AND in the community areas – Answers/posting to a minimum of 4 discussion topic posts (9 available from which to choose)
- One short reflection paper (This is equivalent to 3 paragraphs minimum – but no more than 2 pages long at maximum and can relate to either readings/videos assigned or articles or videos you find.)
- Coaching Conversations- 1 page
- Coaching Plan based on case study
- Signed Code of Ethics
- Signed proof of coaching form
+++You will have to also have proof of additional coaching hours per CCE if you intend to apply for board certification. See their requirements here.
This course counts as 30-hours for the BCC.
What Our Participants Say
I just passed the BCC exam last Saturday and have received my BCC designation as well! Thanks for all of your help. Your course and coaching really helped to prepare me for the exam!
Thanks, Amy S. BCC
I am BEYOND delighted with the BlueRio coaching course! It was much more than I ever expected. As a therapist, I didn’t understand all the nuances and distinctions between therapy and coaching. I now feel prepared to launch my coaching practice, including the ready-made tools and contracts so generously included. Highly recommended! – Connie Lawrence, LISW-S, PAT, CLMC,
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ONLINE DELIVERY-
After enrolling/purchasing, you enter your course within 45 days of purchase. If you cancel within your 14-day trial period, which begins when you enroll and enter your course you will get a full refund. You may keep any items you downloaded for your personal use. Cancellation requests must be made in writing and emailed.
*** For customized programs, group enrollment , in-person/on-site training ans scholarships, 14-day trial is not applicable, as well as 45-day start date.
Exceptions may be made for emergencies within a 30-day window. No refunds for any cancellations after 31 days. Funds may be rolled into other offerings such as one-on-one coaching or into a different training program.
****CANCELLATION FOR MILITARY Active Duty/Reservists/National Guard
Upon written approval with proof of need, an Active Duty or Reservist/National Guard, may withdrawal or pause their enrollment due to the potential impact of military duties, e.g., unanticipated deployments or mobilization, activation, and temporary duty assignments on their training status and financial responsibilities.
If enrolled through a Credential Assistance Program, any refunds that are due will NOT be given directly to the learner – rather proceeds will be returned. Also only upon approval by the by that program team will a course/exam be extended.
Notification of this need must be in writing and emailed.
About our Policies and Procedures
(takes you to different page.)