Certified Life Map Coaching
Self-Paced, Hybrid and Onsite
Approved to be delivered virtually as self-paced programs as well as to be delivered live, onsite or as a hybrid of virtual and in-person. At this time (June 2022) only virtual, on-demand programs are available.
Currently Open-enrollment for 100% online, self-paced
You can come from any field – however, the most common professionals who use coaching as a tool in their toolbox and would benefit from BlueRio’s Full Certification Program are:
- Trained Social Workers
- Career Counselors
- Managers & Supervisors of Service Members
- Workforce Development Professionals
- Nonprofit Professionals
- Human Resource Consultants
- Educators (Higher Education)
- Military Partners/Spouses
- Military Counselors
- Life Skill Facilitators
I was a BlueRio Institute student for the Life Map Coaching course aimed toward veterans/service members and their families. I was looking for a course that would educate me on what it means to be a coach but also challenge me to really act like a coach. Jessi’s course exceeded all of my expectations…
I felt that, after completing the course, I could fill a void in assisting service members as they pursue their collegiate degrees. Master’s degree programs in higher education administration rarely teach you about veterans—this course is a much-needed component to be a successful educational administrator in a time of more diverse student populations….Nearly every module left me with the sensation of, “Wow, I never even thought of that.” I was further challenged to think creatively, celebrating that every potential client is unique and does not perfectly fit into a box. …Completing a course with BlueRio Institute is both deeply educational and interpersonal. I will always connect with Jessi to learn more about coaching and refine my skillset. She’s one of a kind.
– – – – – – – –
Mr. Matthew Cintron-Quiñones, BCC, CLMC, CVDC (2021 Graduate)
Rather than a “paint by numbers” approach to coach training, this program implores you to dig deeper within yourself – to manifest your truest and deepest potential so you can do that for others. My courses have been called, intense, on-fire, challenging, and rewarding. One of my mottoes is “you get out of it – what you put into it” – yet I will be walking that path with you as are you dedicated to this very purposeful achievement – a Life Map Coach Certification. I take this seriously and feel each and every one of my students has brilliance within – so I do all in my power to support each person who enrolls. Please email or call -984-377-3699 regarding the details of the certification, your goals, and the requirements if you need any clarification.
There are MANY opportunities to serve our military service members, their families, their colleagues, and the communities in which they live.
Some of you may be managers who hire veterans and reservists. Others may be spouses or partners seeking to support military-connected people and find a career that allows independence and flexibility. You may be Active Duty leading other service members, or a veteran yourself who intends to volunteer at a local non-profit and believes that coaching is a powerful tool that will help other veterans. If you fall into any of these categories – or are just interested in learning more about innovative ways to create a great culture by helping those who have served our country and helped us – please consider coach training. And also – I would ask you to consider this particular training program.
BlueRio Strategies (and its Institute) has been offering high-caliber training programs for 15 years and the past ten years has offered the nation’s first CCE-BCC Approved, FULL coaching certification program that specifically trains people to assist military veterans, their partners and families.
I am the founder, Jessi LaCosta. This is part of my calling – to build a sustainable, resilient world – with leadership and community being strategic, results-focused, and yet empathetic and compassionate in their approaches. We must find a way to come together. Coaching is just one of the many ways to do that – yet I must admit – even if I am biased, it is a magnificent way.
First-hand, I have experienced profound growth in people who are coached. I am honored to have been working with service members, veterans, and professionals who hire them – facilitating life-mapping, career transitions, and career management for more than ten years.
BlueRio trains individuals (civilians and military) using a high-caliber, robust curriculum. The core focus of the training is to inspire, educate and empower people to use coaching as a vehicle to assist military-connected individuals as they design sustainable lives, effective career maps, and master transitioning from a military-focused life to the civilian sector with dignity and purpose. The program is also designed to encourage the participants/students to engage in deep reflection, experiencing potentially profound changes in their own lives as they train to support changes in their clients’ lives. BlueRio’s innovative process is founded in relational neuroscience, positive and strength-based strategies, and what the founder calls Life Mapping that is relatable, realistic, and motivating. While it focuses on service members and their families, the program offers tools and strategies for collaborating and supporting virtually anyone who is in a major career transition, seeking to improve their lives and careers, or for those who are currently managing teams of service members and would like to earn a coach certification.
General Course Objectives & Outcomes
Understand the foundations for professional coaching
- Explore Core Competencies
- Acquire foundations for life coaching and career management
- Improve confidence in working with service members and their families coaching for sustainable life design and career management
Knowledge of IPNB (Interpersonal Neurobiology), Brand-Centered Sustainability, problem solving, theory of change, basic theories of resilience building
Leadership and Organizations
- Familiarity with intro concepts of organizational development and how the coach acts as a change agent in institutions/companies
- Understanding at a basic level of leadership models/theories
- Understanding at a basic level of communication/conflict models/theories
More on Coaching
- Ability to develop coaching plans
- Craft coaching contracts
- Test and refine personal style of coaching
- Explore various models of coaching
- Develop heightened problem-solving skills
- Improve self-awareness and leadership abilities
- Cultivate and innovative coaching strategies, and refine personal styles
- Train and become certified as a BlueRio Life Map Coach [CLMC]
Emotional Regulation and Human Behavior
- Knowledge of calming tools, techniques
- Understand personal conflict modes and how to address conflict in other
- Undertanding of motivation theories
- Experience assessments: Style Matters,
- Ability to understand/support clients with other strategies and assessments
- Free Listing on Future Coach Directory
- One Style Matters Dashboard (value $150+ – must be used within one year after graduation to maintain access.)
- One one-on-one feedback session with founder during the course
- Even on-demand programs offer interaction with an instructor
- Develop leadership and development skills to help people in career, college and life management.
- Use insight to offer services in many communities for under-served populations
- Coaching Session with Founder After Graduation:
- 60-hour track: Three sessions [value $600]
- *60 BCC-Approved Training for Credential or CEUs
- Digital Certificate (paper upon request)
- Digital Badge
Below is based on the 30-hour virtual version.
OUTLINE OF COURSE: (Overview)
Four modules, 22 lessons (at some point these may be organized differently – however will contain the same content.)
Start Module 1 Lesson – Basics of Coaching – Understanding The Clients
- Lesson 1: Coaching History, BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ process, What is Coaching? – BCC Core Comps
- Lesson 2: Military Experience: General lessons on military mindset, experiences inside the military, experiences for family and spouses, experiences with transitions – work and life balance – lecture, videos, interviews
- Lesson 3: Ethics: BlueRio Code of Ethics, BCC Ethics
- Lesson 4: Coaching Session Samples
- Lesson 5: Setting Foundations, Creating Agreements – Screening, Creating Intake Sheets, Developing Agreements, and Contracts.
- Lesson 6: Setting Boundaries as well as terminating Clients
- Lesson 7: Assessments – how to assess for strengths, gaps, etc.
- Lesson 8: Intro to Coaching Plans (Basic Look at Planning using BlueRio’s Foundational IA™ Model as an example)
- Lesson 9: COACHING VS. THERAPY & MORE: Lessons on differences, when to refer out – brief lessons on TBI, PTS Inner Conflict [AKA Moral Injury] Survivor’s Guilt, PTG
MODULE 2: Understanding Motivation, Communication & Conflict (Module 2 will explore how people are motivated, how they communicate and manage conflict, and how IPNB and relational neuroscience supports these findings and offers ways for coaches to serve clients to their best capacity while tapping into a sense of Purpose.
- Lesson 10: Basics of the Brain
Lesson 11: Basics of IPNB, relational neuroscience, attunement, etc.
- Lesson 12: Motivation Theories
- Lesson 13: Delving into Purpose (Strengths, weaknesses)
- Lesson 14: Goal-Setting, WOOP
- Lesson 15: Communication and Conflict
- Lesson 16: **Offer Style Matters– recorded lessons on using both
- Lesson 17: Calming Techniques for coach and clients
- Lesson 18: Strategies & Problem-solving: Ladder of Inference, GAP Analysis, Force-Field Analysis, SWOT, SOAR)
MODULE 3: Platforms for Messaging of Purpose, Branding
- Lesson 19: Personal Branding
- Lesson 20: Mapping Life/Career – more in-depth Coach Planning and Case Studies
- Sub-lessons of 20: Lessons on interviewing, networking, videos, templates
Requirements for 60-Hour Track
Requirements to Earn Certification – Self-Paced (Will be modified for hybrid or 100% on-site)
- One-on-one role-play with instructor: Two, 45-minute virtual sessions
- Exams: You must pass three exams (coaching, communication, and conflict, final)
- Peer Coaching: You are required to experience 8 hours of peer coaching
- Client Coaching: You are required to demonstrate proof of 8 hours of client coaching (this can be with one or more than one client)
- Discussion Posts: Answers/posting to a minimum of 6 discussion topic posts throughout
- Assignments:• There will be several activities assigned throughout the course, mostly with worksheets and templates available for you to ALSO use with future clients.
- One short reflection paper (This is equivalent to 3 paragraphs minimum – but no more than 2 pages long at maximum)
- Coaching Conversations- 1 page
- Coaching Plan based on case study
- Submit 1 approx 30 – 45 minute recorded coaching session. (This may be with a peer or an actual client
- Submit signed Code of Ethics
- Submit proof of coaching form
(FULL Certification is dependent on meeting ALL requirements)
**Those who want the additional CVDC designation must send in an additional reflection paper on how coaching a veteran may be different and what tools or techniques they intend to use or commit to a CAPSTONE project that is veteran-focused.(Certification is dependent on meeting ALL requirements)
+++You will have to also have proof of additional coaching hours per CCE if you intend to apply for board certification.See their requirements here.
This course counts as 60-hours for the BCC.
What Our Participants Say
“This course really helped me to locate myself within the transition. It’s so needed, and heartfelt. Jessi, is an instructor like none other I’ve none when it comes to passionately showing others how to assist others (particularly veterans)! I’m so glad to have had this experience. I know I’m a better coach now, because I have the Hawk Eye effect going on! Lol!”
Wanda Petty, Retired Sergeant First Class, U.S. Army, AKA Sistah Soldier, Certified Coach
“After an intense experience at the echelon of Veterans Coach Training, it is hard to stand back and not want to dive right back from where I have just come. Forum discussions wrought with deep exchanges of thoughts, personal experiences and knowledge; study materials which just made us just want to delve further and further into the matter; assessments checking our learning from time to time; and vibrant webinars answering our deepest queries. It never felt I am miles away from everyone else and I felt completely at home, everyone taking me under their wings and giving me a few of their own feathers to add to my own wings to fly. The passion to make a difference was fired further as we all felt we all had already made a difference to each other! The entire course went smoothly with our teacher Jessi always patiently answering every query and always on our side to coach us to delve further so we give our best. I am proud to have taken this unique and one-of-a-kind Veterans Coach Training Program.”
–Rupa Lahiri, CVDC, Life Coach (Pune, India)
“Jessi is a top-shelf coach and motivator.
Equally important is her passion to improve the lives of all people, and especially our veterans. As a former Marine, who has studied leadership many times over, I have found the Hawk Eye Coach Training Program to be ONE of the best coaching programs that I have undergone. I plan to keep at the ready all of the tools from this program in my tool-box”.
Semper Fi, Cleve Arrington, CVDC, US Veteran (Washington, DC)
As a military spouse I wanted a way to support other spouses in a tangible way. By reminding me of academic material I learned in school, this program allowed me to see that I already had a solid foundation for coaching, but it filled in the gaps, like the differences between coaching and therapy, and setting a plan for client-directed, intense, short term coaching to help the client achieve a specific goal or move forward from their current space. I am now a competent, talented coach.”
Programs of this quality range from $2200 – $3500.
Due to the nature of who enrolls (veterans, military-connected, nonprofit professionals, well-intended citizens, *On-site training and Independent Study Participants Enrollment Fees may differ (usually ranging from
$1900 – $2200 per person), Online, Self-Paced TUITION: $1700.00 and can be divided into 3 payments – 14 day refund period if not enrolled in the preview course first – if enrolled in Preview course, 7-day refund. (Scholarship students will have a different cancellation policy.)
We will continue to offer military discounts, nonprofit discounts, and scholarships. Please know the applications for scholarships have become very competitive- at the bottom of this page is a scholarship application form.
We do all we can to serve those who need it. Yet the funding comes literally from the founder and when and if any other businesses offer additional support.
If you have any concerns or trouble with purchase buttons, please contact us.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE)
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ONLINE DELIVERY-
After enrolling/purchasing, you enter your course within 45 days of purchase. If you cancel within your 14-day trial period, which begins when you enroll and enter your course you will get a full refund. Cancellation requests must be made in writing and emailed. You may keep any items you have downloaded for your own use.
** Those who have enrolled in a Preview Version of this Course will have only 7 days to request a Refund.
*** For customized programs, group enrollment , in-person/on-site training and scholarships, 14-day trial is not applicable, as well as 45-day start date.
Exceptions may be made for emergencies within a 30-day window. No refunds for any cancellations after 31 days. Funds may be rolled into other offerings such as one-on-one coaching or into a different training program.